Beetroot - Banana Chocolate Cup Cakes - Tiffin treat for a fussy toddler

I really did not expect my son to be so fussy...and i really hope it improves over time. Last week i made beetroot-banana chocolate cupcakes for his tiffin just so that there will be some input of veggies in his diet. I don't remember being such a picky eater and so i hope that the kiddo will soon grow to love his veggies and fruits and many other great food around.


Back to the cake. Definitely a healthy bite with a cup each of grated beetroot and mashed banana. As my son enjoyed this cuppy-cake i looked on with contentment. The cake turned out so light and fluffy, and smelled amazing as it baked. The scent from the combination of banana and chocolate and vanilla is always mind-blowing. Toddler happy - the mummy  is indeed happy. Unfortunately/fortunately for me, the love for cakes & cookies are long gone...like kaput. I blame my hubby for this happenings in me....somehow his non-addiction to all that is sweet and fluffy in life has rubbed off on me and i do NOT like it! I want the old me to be back ;(


Ingredients:
11/2 Cups - Plain Flour
2 Tsp - Baking Powder
1 Tsp - Baking Soda
2 Tbsp - Cocoa Powder 
3/4 Cup - Veg' Oil
1/4 + 2 Tbsp - Sugar (add more if you prefer sweeter cakes)
2 - Eggs
1 Cup - Mashed Banana
1 Tsp - Vanilla Essence
1 Cup - Grated Beetroot


Method:
Preheat oven to 180 C, grease a square cake pan or cup cake pans ( your preference) and keep aside.
Sieve all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and keep aside.
Mix the mashed banana with the sugar and mix using a hand blender until smooth, add the oil and blend to combine.
Crack an egg at a time into the banana puree and mix to combine, add the vanilla essence, stir using a spatula or wooden spoon to combine.
Pour the wet over the dry, stir to combine and once well combined, fold in the grated beetroot.
Bake the cup cake in the preheated for 16-18 minutes or for 22 - 24 minutes if making one whole cake.
Sprinkle some icing sugar and serve.

Comments

  1. this sounds like it would be really delicious and i am going to try it. thanks for the very interesting blog.
    Pat in New Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat, Thank you for stopping by! Hope the cake turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just made these cup cakes with/for my little girl. They went down a treat. Thanks. Laura, Stroud, UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Laura! Delighted to hear that your little angel loved it!
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Delighted to be sharing some l-o-v-e from my kitchen with you. If you tried any of my recipe, tag me @pancuisine on Instagram and hastag it #pancuisinerecipe
Cheers!

Popular Posts